Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Philippians 1:3

This weekend, I realized what I'm really thankful for this year.

I'm thankful for time. I'm thankful for time with people, time with God, and just time in general.

I never realized how much time I take for granted with the ones I love. Spending time with my family and friends has always been a bit rushed so that I could go on to the next thing. It kinda feels a bit like an obligation. And it hasn't been until this year that I've really realized how much I love the time I spend with my friends and family and how much I don't want that time to end. I should've realized this completely a long time ago. I should've realized it when my dad was in his final weeks of life. Well, in all honesty, I should've realized it before then, but hindsight, right?

And now, when I'm spending time with family and friends and anyone else, I relish those moments. I take it all in and savor it. I did it last night when I was hanging out with 2 of my sisters. I'll do it again tonight when I hang out with one of my best friends. And yet again this 4-day Thanksgiving weekend. I am so blessed and so thankful.

Love the ones you're with when you're with them and always. They might not make it to the next time. You never know. Tell them you love them while they are here. Tell them how important they are to you. That will be important for you when they leave this Earth.

I'm thankful. Are you?
-katie

No comments: