Tuesday, November 8, 2011

2 Weekends - 2 Birthdays

I. Am. Pooped.

I've been to San Antonio and back the past 2 weekends. There was good reason though. I mean reasons. As the title gives away, two of my godchildren had birthdays these past 2 weekends and I didn't miss them!

Tori (the oldest) turned 16 last Friday. I can't believe this girl is 16. When I met this family, Tori had just turned 9-years-old. I barely remember that 9-year-old. I remember a cute, quiet, willing little girl. Mature and loving.


She is now a golden-hearted 16-year-old, who is absolutely gorgeous (as you can see). She is still quiet at times. Still mature. Still very willing and very loving. But she's not so little anymore. She loves her Savior and knows that He's there for her. She'll be able to move out next year, if she wants. She'll be going to college in less than 2 years. (I sure hope, I'm done with college before she is!)


Father God, protect my sweet Tori. Help
her remember that you are always with her
and will never be anywhere else. 
Give her strength for the days and rest for the nights.
Help her remember that what's going on
is only "for now". This too shall pass.
Let her know she is loved and cherished
and she shouldn't settle for anything less.
In Your Son's Precious Name, Amen.

Birthday #2 was the current baby of the family. Cameron turned 7-years-old this past Saturday. This crazy, hilarious little boy was brand new when I first met this family. And when I say brand new, I mean it. They were at the hospital having him when I was called. I think I was the first non-family member to meet him except for the hospital staff. 


Anyway, this little boy stole my heart from the moment I met him. And as he has grown he's done nothing less than put a smile on my face. He is the most hilarious child I've ever met in my life. Even if he's making one of his "You're a chicken head" jokes--the joy he gets out of telling his jokes and how much he laughs at them, you just can't help but hysterically laugh. 



Father God, I pray that as Cameron grows
he finds you. I pray that he goes crazy over you
and loves learning about you and loves having
a relationship with you. I pray protection
over him as well. That you will pursue him and
let him know that you're always with him.
I pray that he grows up to be a man
of God. That he will grow in stature and knowledge.
In Your Son's Name, Amen.

I will be posting my Days of Thankfulness in the next coming days. And yes, I will be catching up with the days that I've missed.
--katie

No comments: