Thursday, November 10, 2011

Month of Thankfulness: Days 1-10

I meant to start this last Tuesday when the month started, but alas, I did not. Shame on me. Anyway, I'm starting it now, PLUS, I'm catching up! So here goes nothin'!

Day #1:
November 1st--
Last Tuesday, the first day of the month, I was and still am thankful for Jon, Jen, and Kate McCalmont! I watch Kate while Jon and Jen have a date night once a week. It's kind of cute. These people mean so incredibly much to me. They have been way more like friends than bosses, which is wonderful. This is probably 1 of 2 families that I've never had a problem dealing with. ANYWAY, this precious family is what I was thankful for the first day of the month and am thankful for today and everyday. They've done so much for me both in the physical life and the spiritual life of me. They are incredible. Love you guys.

Day #2:
November 2nd--
When I go to Texas to visit my godchildren, I go a day before so I don't drive 9 hours there and back all at once. Last Wednesday, was one of those leave-after-work-drives. The wind and rain was horrible. And I was driving my mom's Honda Accord. I DO NOT like how those things handle in the rain. Maybe it's just that I'm used to driving my Jeep Patriot. This day I was thankful for the Hilton's, Erica and Shane, for letting me stay so many times on the way to visit my babies. I've so enjoyed getting to know them both and I'm so excited for the arrival of their daughter in the next month!!

Day #3:
November 3rd--
On this day many years ago, my parents were married. On this day, I was thankful for their relationship and their example of how communication and love is supposed to be. I'm grateful that I was not a child of divorce. I'm thankful that I had a father who loved my mother. That is so important in the development of a child. We learn from example, after all. And while my Daddy isn't here to celebrate another year with my mom, he is always with us--in our hearts--and that will always be their day.

Day #4
November 4th--
Friday, I was grateful for the Ripa's. This is the family I work for right now. I've nannied for them since last August. Their son, Pierce, is crazy, precious, hilarious, and just plain adorable. He makes me laugh. Jennifer and Dave, his parents, are so wonderful. They are funny, sweet, and selfless. Jennifer has done so much for me. She convinced me to go back to school, which I am so incredibly thankful for.

Day #5
November 5th--
Saturday, I was and will always be thankful for the Tucker's. We started out as boss/employee then quickly grew into friends. They are now family. Their soon-to-be 5 kids are my godchildren, so this family clearly means a lot to me. But on this 5th day of November, I'm especially thankful for Cameron, the current baby that I mentioned in my last post. This day was his 7th Birthday. I can't even believe he's 7. He was a brand-new come-home-from-the-hospital newborn, when I met this family. All of these kids are so special to me. I don't know where I'd be without them, and I sure don't want to find out.

Day #6
November 6th--
I was especially grateful for my faith and God's beautiful creation. I am thankful for the opportunity to worship in a free country with whoever I want, wherever I want. God is so good. And worshipping with my godchildren was one of the most special events of the weekend. I loved looking over to see them singing along to the hymns. Driving 9 hours from San Antonio to Little Rock is absolutely beautiful. The colors of fall made leaving my babies almost okay. I love the reds, greens, yellows, oranges, and even browns.

Day #7
November 7th--
Monday I was grateful for my friendship with Kali Nichole Sparks. I went to school with Kali, all the way from Pre-K to graduation. I was thankful to know this precious angel of a person and have her in my life. Her smile lit up a room. 11-7 is her birthday. She will be forever 20. Kali was one of the unfortunate casualties in the Florida accident in May a few years ago. I wasn't really in her "group" in high school, but we were friends. I have a picture of me and Kali in my room from Senior Prom. Her light for God shone so brightly and now she's in His presence having the biggest party. I miss her.

Day #8
November 8th--
Tuesday, I was grateful for an incredible family, the Page's. Sean, Amanda, Bear, and Judah are so important to me and my life. I knew Amanda and Bear before Sean and Judah came along. Amanda is like a sister to me and I love her so much. Wouldn't trade her for the world! :) And I am so happy for her in finding her a husband like Sean. He is so wonderful to her and Bear and he is a GREAT father to Bear and Judah. 11-8 was Bear's 7th birthday--part of the reason I am thankful for them on this day.

Day #9
November 9th--
Yesterday, I had class and it got me thinking how thankful I am for the opportunity to get to go back and actually get my degree. I owe it all to God, firstly. Second, I'm thankful for my mom's fiance, Tim. He is paying for me to go to school and get my degree. I don't think there are words for how grateful I am for this kind gesture. And I'm thankful for the drive I have right now. I pray that I keep wanting to go forward.

Day #10
November 10th--
Today I am grateful for my parents(not the same as #3). I am thankful for the time (almost 18 years) I got to spend with my dad before he left this earth. I am thankful that I took after him in a lot of ways. It makes it easier for me to remember him. Of course, I look exactly like him, so that kinda helps.  I am thankful for the relationship that I have with my mom. Even though we fight and disagree, we love each other and understand where the other person is coming from. She is my best friend. I'm thankful my upbringing even though I find some of it a little ridiculous. I will use some to most of how I was brought up for my children if God blesses me with any. I'm grateful to be brought up in a Christian faith with believing parents and extended family on both sides. So thankful.

What are you thankful for??
-katie
P.S. Sorry for the lack of pictures. Maybe next time.

No comments: