Monday, November 14, 2011

Days 12 & 13 & 14

Day #12:
November 12th--

Saturday, I was and still am thankful for family, especially my aunt and grandmother. We woke up early and went on our yearly trip to Holiday House, which is kind of like a vendor type deal. Different vendors came from all over the state, south, and beyond. There was someone there from PA! Anyway, They just sell their product. They have everything from cooking utensils to Christmas ornaments to clothes to all kinds of pointless things. I was thankful for a day just to shop and spend time with family. My aunt and I have gotten so close since my dad passed, which I love. And my grandmother and I are very close. We see each other, usually once a week. She spoils me and so does my aunt.

Day #13:
November 13th--

Yesterday I was thankful for rest and music. I had absolutely nothing to do yesterday which was the most beautiful thing in the world. I took a nap and was lazy almost the entire day. Yesterday, at my church, we dedicated our organ. So we had a special recital that featured a couple of wonderful organists. David Howard Pettit played some beautiful numbers including some of his original works. I am in awe of what this organ can do. It has a setting that can sound like a woman/women and man/men singing alleluias and amens. It was eerily amazing. My jaw was on the floor--just the coolest thing.

Day #14:
November 14th--

Today I am thankful for wonderful opportunities. I'm thankful for my job. I'm thankful to come into a loving home and take care of the cutest 18-month-old in the world! I'm thankful for the last 14 months with this family. Being a nanny is so rewarding. Being able to teach and love and laugh with this little boy every day is priceless. Part of me wishes I could do this for the rest of my life, but I know that's unrealistic. These people have meant so much to me and have done so much for me this past year and 2 months. They are incredible! I will miss them when I leave at the end of this year. And I pray blessings on this family and especially Pierce who will be going to day care in January. I pray for continued good health and lots of learning!

Hope you all had a thankful weekend.
-katie

No comments: