Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Only One Amazing Race

I hope that all of your weeks started out wonderful!! My week has been busy busy!! Full of pictures and fun! I'll start with Saturday!
.
Saturday started out early! The youth at my church always do an "Amazing Race" every year about this time. Well Saturday was it! It was a BLAST!! I drove my team, Olivia and Kinley to Arkadelphia which is about an hour away from here. First we went to a park and did different things around the park then we went to the Spillway (or Dam or whatever you want to call it) for lunch. Lots of fun was had and eventually my team WONN!!! We are amazing. Yes.
So we got finished around 3:45 and I got on the freeway to come home at 4!! I got a call that I needed to babysit at 4:45! Cutting it close, I asked if the time was a little bit flexible. They said absolutely and I got there about 5ish to watch such a precious little baby Olive!
Sunday was the most fun, but I'm thinking I will have to do a whole other post with pictures of our Fall Festival that we had at my church that night! I will just tell you about what I discovered that morning.
.
God was apparently trying to get it in my thick skull that He really does know best and that He is Almighty and absolutely incredible. Well in my college Sunday School class, we've started going through 1st and 2nd Thessalonians which has been really interesting. Well we came across a group of 3 verses that I have clung to ever since I read them. I had been thinking about my dad basically the whole weekend. I was just missing him and wishing I could talk to him and see what he would say about a lot of things in my life right now and ask his advice. So, I read these verses:
.
"For God chose to save us
through our Lord Jesus Christ,
not to pour out his anger on us.
Christ died for us,
so that whether we are
dead or alive when he returns,
we can live with him forever.
So encourage each other and
build each other up,
just as you are already doing."
1 Thessalonions 5:9-11
.
Three incredibly powerful verses. My favorite being verse 10 in bold. That verse is so incredibly comforting to me. Every believer has doubts at some point in time, but I have no more doubts about where my dad is. I know that I will be with him in Heaven someday and I cannot wait.
.
"Therefore since we are surrounded
by such a great cloud of witnesses,
let us throw off everything that hinders
and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us run with perseverance
the race that is marked for us.
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus,
the author and perfecter of our faith, [...]"
Hebrews 12:1-2a
.
So have an Amazing Race.
katie
.
PS. I am also looking for suggestions for a name for my new blog...I used to be called Miss Katie, if that helps. Looking forward to hearing what you've come up with!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love all the smiles in those pictures, Katie. Looks like fun.

I'm excited about the plate. ; ) Take your time!