Sunday, October 11, 2009

The "What If" Game

"And we know that God
causes everything to work together
for the good of those
who love God and
are called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28
.
I believe that I've been given a challenge from God.
Imagine that a really really good friend and her husband were in trouble. Imagine that their 4 children would be taken from them. What would you do? Step up or step back? What if you stepped back? How would you feel? Glad you didn't have to deal with it? Ashamed you didn't do more or anything at all? I realize it's not your responsibility...but aren't we supposed to help others, the less fortunate, the widows and orphans? Why is it that we are called to carry these things through but when the opportunity comes up we pass it by, saying we are too busy or don't have the funds or the space?
.
God will work everything out if you love Him. I feel like I'm in His plan right now. But right now, I'm just waiting...waiting until He says, "Go." That's all that I can do. I have no control over my circumstances right now. It is absolutely terrifying.
.
So, what if you stepped up? Brought the kids in your house and loved them as your own? Your life is turned upside down. Is it worth it? You're in God's plan, right? It's completely worth it. Every minute is a lesson. Every second is an experience. How can it not be worth it?
.
What if...
What a phrase. We can play "What if" all day long, right? I can only focus on "What is". And what is right now is life. Love. Blessings. I can't wait to see where God takes me. I feel like he is testing me, almost the way he tested Abraham. God asked him to take Isaac to the mountain (Genesis 22). Even thought I am not giving up my only son, which I don't have, I still feel as though I am following the Lord's calling. These people are in trouble. I will help them, not for me, not for the parents, but for God and the children. I love them so much.
.
Trusting God is an interesting concept. I'm putting my life in the hands of someone I have never seen. But I know He's there. I can feel Him. He works in my life. I am so thankful for that.
.
Pray for me as God makes things work for me because I love Him.
.
"So don't worry about tomorrow,
for tomorrow will bring it's own worries.
Today's trouble is enough for today."
Matthew 6:34 (NLT)
.
Until next time...
katie

No comments: