Saturday, March 29, 2014

You Stay the Same Through the Ages

I'm terrible at making decisions. If someone asks me to choose between two things, I will take a LOT of time debating in my head about which one is going to be best. And even if and when I do make a decision, I will second guess myself until I either succeed, fail, or I freak out right in the middle of it.

I'm a special being.

That's why I'm so glad that God is the same. He is constant. I'm so all over the place sometimes, that I'll go to The Lord in prayer and just sigh in relief that He's always the same. Every time I go to Him, He is the same God that I came to the last time. 

He is the same God that was with Daniel in the lions den...

"As he [the king] came near to the den where Daniel was,
he cried our in a tone of anguish.
The king declared to Daniel, 'O Daniel, servant of the living God,
has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to deliver you from the lions?'"

Come on king...this is God we're talking about...

"Then Daniel said to the king, 'O king, live forever!
My God sent his angel and shut the lions' mouths, and they have not harmed me,
because I was found blameless before him;
and also before you, O king, I have done no harm.'
...
So Daniel was taken up out of the den,
and no kind of harm was found on him,
because he had trusted in his God."
Daniel 6:19-23 {ESV}

What is amazing to me is that they use the word able. "Has your God, whom you serve continually, been ABLE to deliver you from the lions?" It's such a silly question to me..."Is God able?" Well yeah! He's God, for crying out loud! He can do whatever the heck He wants!

and He is the same God that was with David when he fought Goliath...Go read 1 Samuel 17:32-51.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."
Hebrews 13:8 {NLT}

"I will sing of the steadfast love of the LORD, forever;
with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.
For I said, 'Steadfast love will be built up forever;
in the heavens you establish your faithfulness.'"
Psalm 89:1-2 {ESV}

This post was all over the place (story of my life) but hopefully, you get the idea. God doesn't change even though I'm nuts. PRAISE THE LORD!

-katie

No comments: