Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Life's Not Fair.

Life. Is. Not. Fair.

There's nothing fair about it. Not one thing.

Friends, today, I ask prayer for a sweet sweet girl I know from college. Her name is Kiley. She loves The Lord with all her heart and serves him everyday. She loves people. All kinds. From every walk of life. She has a huge heart. She is a friend to all. She's funny, kind, silly, deep, and Godly. She's just an all around wonderful person.

We were never close in college. We were those acquaintance friends. But, I would still call her a friend. Like I said, she is a friend to all.

I couple of weeks ago, I found out that she had be diagnosed with Stage 4 Glioblastoma which is a malignant brain tumor in a hardly operable location. It's partially attached to her brain stem. She is 25 years old.

There is nothing fair about this.

I'm 25 years old.

It's a terrifying thought.

You can follow Kiley's story here if you wish. Even if you don't follow her story, pray for her. Pray for Kiley. Pray for her family and friends. Pray that God will guide the doctors and give them wisdom the entire time they are working with her. Pray for strength through recovery and chemo and radiation that will happen after surgery. Pray for peace and faith in God and His plan and His Healing Hands. And lastly, pray for God's Will and that God will receive ALL of the glory...no matter what happens.

As I started this post, I put on pandora and the first song that came up was Kari Jobe's We Exalt Your Name. The song and lyrics are just incredible, especially for what I was feeling and what I hope comes of this journey for Kiley. I hope that hearts are changed by this and that God is given all the glory.

Life's not fair. But God is. He is just. We don't ever understand why awful things happen to great people, but it's always for someone to learn something. It's a journey for sure, but, worth it, in my opinion.

And as I finish this post, Meredith Andrew's Not For A Moment (After All) came on. What a powerful song! Listen to it. Praise The Lord for those words. God never leaves us. Ever. He's always beside us.

Thanks and love,
-katie

No comments: