Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

So Sunday was Mother's Day!
 
 
I have the most wonderful Mom, no matter what anyone says. My mom has endured so much in my life--especially in the last 3 years.
 
Not only did she endure my Dad's first major scare in January '99 (Colon removal). Then in the same year in September opening a little 50's Drive-In. Running that for 6 years. Losing that business. My dad's last fall in Jan '06 and then my dad's death nearly 3 weeks later. the visitation, the funeral, finding a new place to live, getting a job, getting me through the rest of high school (3 months), working that job while grieving, getting me off to college, letting me come back home, celebrating birthdays (big ones, 18, 20, 21, 50), nannying, supporting me going back to college, letting me come home again, nannying again, and supporting me in all I do--ALL without my dad.
 
 
She is a single mom, knowing that I'm raised enough. I'm no where near where i probably need to be, but she doesn't need to make sure that i've been fed, bathed, or slept.
 
She's the best Mom that I could've asked for. She does so much for me and I wish there was more that I could do for her, I really do.
 
 
She's my best friend. I cannot thank God enough for pairing the 2 of us together.
 
Until next time.....

No comments: