Thursday, October 30, 2008

"does her best to smile at me to hide what's underneath"

Walls....
They are awful things. 
I have a brick wall up right now. I hide what I'm feeling on a daily basis so people won't see me for what I really am--sad, mad, angry, crushed. 
 
I love to listen. I believe it's a spiritual gift I've been blessed with. Listening is therapy for me--kind of. I'm a good listener. I listen and put my 2 cents in (with discretion). 
 
But the thing is--I'm not a good talker. I mean I can just chat up with the best of them, but when it comes to sharing and putting my heart out where people can see the real me...I'm not so good at that.
 
And how can I change this? Pray? Just toughen up and talk? Who knows.
Soon I will share my story with all of you out there in blog land. Hmm...I'm not looking forward to that day--but it will be soon.
 
Until another day...
katie

2 comments:

Sadie said...

I love that you listen. And I love that you want to trust Jesus to help you talk. That's a big step. And it's a request He's guaranteed to grant if you stick with it. I'm praying for you, sister. As you tell your story (as you write in this case), I ask that He strengthen you. And know that if you do want to talk, I am here. Which is not as good as there. But still, here for you. I love you!

Meredith said...

Listening is a gift that often gets underrated. I look forward to hearing your story. I think you will probably get more out of telling it than you think.