Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Waiting

"So the LORD must wait for you to come to Him
so He can show you His love and compassion.
For the LORD is a faithful God.
Blessed are those who wait for His help."
Isaiah 30:18
.
I saw this verse on a friend's status and, wow, does it speak volumes!! And it does speak so loudly, especially right now. God has put an opportunity in front of us, just as I mentioned in my last post. Well, that news that I could've revealed will not be revealed just yet. Some plans fell through, so we have to reschedule and I get to keep you in suspense for a while longer.
.
Waiting is so hard for me. I've never been good at it. Ever. Why would I want to wait for something when I could just as easily have it right then?? Well, would I have the same appreciation for it if I had gotten it in the first place? Probably not, which is most likely why I didn't get it in the beginning. But, in all seriousness, I thank God for what I have struggled for. I know that I have gotten it in His timing or it would not have worked out. My appreciation for material and personal things are way higher than I have been in the past.
.
But then again, waiting has it's perks. Your trust builds, especially in God. I think I'm finally in a place where I can give it to Him and let Him handle it and completely trust Him with it. He knows me best and knows how my life is going to work out. Can you imagine if you knew how everyone's lives were going to turn out--what was going to happen in their lives--could control it? It's an indescribable thought. I can't even fathom the power.
.
God is so good! I just pray that He continues to bless me and my family and friends! I cannot wait to see what He does!!
.
katie

No comments: